Sunday, July 12, 2009

Take A Look!

I don't know if anyone has noticed the countdown clock on the side of my blog but I would like everyone to take a second right now and check it out... Can you believe it? There were days when I never thought that this time would come but at the same time, these past two years have flown by! So much has changed but at the same time it seems that nothing has changed.

It is crazy to think how our family and friends have grown since he left. Braden met and married Annie since Ty left so Tyler and Annie have never even met. And to me it feels like Annie has been in our family for a long time. We have had babies born since he has left. All of the little kids will be so much bigger to him. I have had a close friend pass away. There have been many, many friends get married. The more things that I start to think about the more it seems like so many things have changed. But it doesn't feel like it really. I am still going to school. We all still have the same jobs (thankfully) and it feels like we haven't really changed too much. I guess we'll see if it feels like it changed or stayed the same to him when he gets home.

We have been doing a lot to get ready for him to get home. Doing the finishing touches on the house and things but tonight we did something that was actually fun. We made the traditional welcome home posters! We all worked on them up at my Grandma Smith's house. I think everyone helped in someway or another.












We are all pretty excited about him coming home. But I don't think any of us are quite as excited as his "favorite cousin" Colton.

This is how he reacts whenever Tyler is brought up. He is continually asking what Ty is going to say when he gets home, what we are going to say to Ty when he gets home, how many more days until Ty gets home, etc. He has many plans made for Ty so hopefully he doesn't get disapointed!

From many of the pictures that Ty sent home it looks like he has definitely embraced the South African culture and fits in very well. But at the same time it always looks like he is still the same fun brother that we sent off two years ago. I'm sure that he'll have changed quite a bit but I hope that he adjusts quickly!

I know that Tyler will definitely be missed by all of the many South African people that love him, but we need him home! He has been gone long enough and we are ready! I can't even wait to see him when he steps off the airplane! It has been a good two years with many fun stories but I am so glad that it is almost over! Friday can't come soon enough!

8 comments:

  1. can i just say that i love tyler! when he gets home i've got some cute friends i wanna set him up with. ha ha he's gotta be one of the funnest kids i know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo excitted for your family!! It will be fun for you all to reconnect. Cute signs by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting Britney! Have fun on Friday! I can't believe he is even old enough to be on a mission. I still think we're 19 for some reason. haha I guess I need to grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me personally, the time has flown by! I am so excited for your family! Yea! I miss ya girl. Please can we hang out soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! I couldn't believe it when I looked at your countdown! Can I say I am just absolutely thrilled for you? I love to see the family's faces when a missionary gets home, especially the Mom and Dad's. Makes me cry every time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats pretty dang exciting if you ask me! I can't believe that he is already almost home. I am way excited for you guys! Good Luck! And Welcome home Elder Smith!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe he is coming home. How exciting for your fam.

    ReplyDelete