Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's Officially Summer! (Finally)

For Steph's birthday she decided that she wanted us to all go boating. So Todd took the afternoon off work and took us out to Willard Bay. I love boating so I was super excited. It rained pretty much all of June so this was one of the first real summer activities that we were able to do.

Normally I hate tubing because it scares me so bad! I volunteered to ride the tube with Colton so that I could be sure we'd be safe but that was a no go. But I decided to trust Todd when he said he wouldn't be too crazy of a driver while I was on. Here we are going pretty slow... I told him that this was a pretty acceptable speed but he said it was impossible to go that slow the whole time.

Here we are going much faster. I can't tell if my face looks like I'm having fun or not. But I really was!


Next was Lyns and Steph. They got going pretty fast


Somehow this is always what ended up happening when Steph and Lyns rode together. I would've thought that Lynsie was stronger than Steph but I guess not!

Colton stayed in his designated seat while we were tubing. But he kept trying to push us off the boat everytime we were carefully trying to climb in or out. Here he is trying to push poor Morgan off as she was climbing down. He almost got us everytime. Obviously he thought that he was pretty funny.


Morgan said that she was too scared to tube and that she didn't like it but finally we talked her into getting on and trusting Todd.


Steph said that Morg started screaming the second that the boat started moving. But as you can tell from the picture above... They were going slow enough for Steph to go "no handed."


Finally I got a picture of Morgan laughing instead of her screaming. So there is proof that she liked it! I am just proud that she gave it a shot even though she was really scared.

Lynsie thought that Colton looked pretty hot so she tried to help him out by dripping water on his head. I don't exactly know if he liked it or not.


Morgan decided that after her near death experience of tubing... we needed some relaxing swim time. So Lynsie decided to do some tricks for us. Here she is standing on the tube. While it may look easy... It really isn't.

Lyns and Steph rode the tube back in. They decided to end the day with one final trick. They are riding on their knees only holding on with one hand. Amazing!

Annie, Dave, and Mary were also here with us but they stayed up on the beach so that us girls could ride the boat. That was really nice of them. We had so much fun going boating. Thanks for inviting us to your birthday party Steph! And thanks for taking us Todd and Mary! We definitely need to do it again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I LOVE to tube! What a wonderful idea for birthday fun! You and Morgan are clearly the wild daredevils of the family. For some reason that picture of Lynds and Steph on their knees makes me want to be at a rodeo!

    ReplyDelete