Monday, July 20, 2009

King George... Kind of!

So I know I probably say this a lot about a lot of different singers but I love, love, love King George, aka George Strait. He hasn't performed here for 11 years so I figured that he would never be back. But he came! Yay! I have been waiting for this moment forever! When I heard that he was coming on the 17th I was not too happy because we knew that Ty was supposed to be coming home around that time. So I waited until Ty told us that he was coming home on the 18th. Perfect! So I bought the tickets. Then... a little over a week ago we got a call from Tyler's mission president and he told us that for some reason (I can't remember why) they had to send Tyler, and the other missionaries that were traveling with him, home a day early. So now I had George Strait tickets for the night that Tyler was coming home. Great! I decided to go and leave early. I just had to try and see him!

The concert was at Usana and we had general admission tickets so that we could sit on the grass. So we had to go early so that we could get a good spot.

I think that I say this everytime that I go to Usana but this had to be the hottest time I have ever had to sit out and save a seat. Obviously we were very hot and tired. Ha ha.

But then we remembered that we were going to see George in just a couple of hours and perked right up!

Julianne Hough was the first person to perform. She did really great. And I also think that she is darling.
Jamie and I are loving the fun concert and being on the grass in the semi-shade. It was really hot out on the asphalt.
Here is Blake Shelton. I heard on the radio that someone said he looked like he was going camping. I thought he looked cute. And he was fun. I forgot how many songs he has that I love.
We are all loving being at the concert. Usana is always such a fun summer activity.

Sadly, this is all that I got to see of George Strait at the concert. I was watching Tyler's flight on the internet and I had decided to leave Usana when there was a half an hour til landing. So I had to pack up and leave while Blake Shelton was still performing before George had even thought about coming out. I was pretty sad as I was leaving. But it would be worth it to see Tyler getting off the airplane. Ha. Maybe he'll decide that Utah was so much fun and come again soon! If not I guess that I'll be traveling to see him!

4 comments:

  1. That is depressing that you didn't see George, but I am sure it was worth it to see Tyler! Here is the deal.. since I am a little sad that I didn't get to see George either, I think we should both go and see him somewhere else if he doesn't come to Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britney I'd love to say that you didn't miss much... however George was AMAZING!!! I'm sorry you had to leave early, but your other post makes it sound like it was worth it :) oh and I had fun hanging out with you for FIVE hours before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun, you are so cute! jamie said it was a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps Jorge (this is how he prefers people to spell it) will come to Boise and then you'll have a perfect reason to come visit! I wish the crazy lady would've been there selling $20.00 George keychains.

    ReplyDelete