Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

The 4th of July is probably my favorite holiday ever! For the past couple of years we have went to the Stadium of Fire in Provo. It is super fun! We have had really good luck. Last year was Miley Cyrus and this year was...
THE JONAS BROTHERS!!!
Ahh! We are totally Jo Bro Ho's at my house! We love them! They are so dang cute and so very talented! We decided to stay in Provo for the weekend so that we didn't have to drive back home after the long day.

On our 10 mile long trek from the car to the stadium we just happened to run into two of the Jonas Brothers themselves. Aren't they so handsome? They were so nice!

My parents were super excited to get their picture with Kevin and Joe as well! Especially my dad. He couldn't even contain it he was so excited!
Here we are waiting for the Jonas Brothers to start. Of course we had to have our Snowies while we waited to help cool us down.

Before the Jo Bros came out there were quite a few fun people that came out!


First was the ex-American Idol contestant David Osmond! He is so handsome! He was fun to see again.

Then Mr. Patriotic, Glenn Beck. He has hosted the Stadium of Fire the last few years. He does a very good job. My dad has a sort of obsession with him and while I am not quite as smitten with him as my dad is, he is kinda growing on me.

Then the 4 jets flew over and for some reason that always has such a patriotic feel to it.

Then the opening act... SheDaisy. They were pretty fun to watch. They sang fun songs that I knew so I liked it.

Then the moment we had all been waiting for...

Kevin, Joe, and Nick! Ahh!

They were even better than I was even expecting! They sang so many songs! And all good ones that we knew! Well I guess that they probably couldn't have picked a song that we don't know and love. We had so much fun listening to them and singing along. Everyone kept staring at us because we were dancing and singing at the top of our lungs. It was so fun!

Even mom and dad couldn't help but join in! But I should add that they sang an oldies song just for them. Sweet Caroline. I thought that was really cute of them to think of all the old people. And I was pretty glad to have proof that my dad really did love listening to them. He will try to act like he didn't but now we all know the truth!

After Jonas Brother performed there was a very patriotic moment. They told a story about how the same huge flag had been used for so many years and how it kept getting made stronger and different things about it. But then they said that it had seen enough days. It was time to retire it. So they were going to burn it. This is a picture of the soldiers feeding it into the fire machine.

And here it is burning. It was pretty cool to see.


And the moment that some people think is the best part part of the Stadium of Fire... The fireworks! While they were amazing, I would have to say that the Jonas Brothers were definitely the best part of the whole day. Maybe the whole year!

I would have to say that the weekend was a success! I had a blast! I am so glad that we were able to do this as a family. I am also very grateful that I live in this country. I am very grateful for our freedom and I am grateful to everyone that has made it possible for us to continue to be free. Many people are not as blessed as we are in the U.S. and I will try to always remember that. Happy Birthday America!

5 comments:

  1. Looks super fun! I love the picture of your mom's funny face. I like her zebra purse too. She is one stylin mama. I love the Jo Bros. Caybri sings their songs sometimes. I could definitely be their cougar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! I love the Jo Bro's also!! So fun for you to go, and super cool to have the memories with your family! What a fun tradition!! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go to every fun concert i love the jonas brothers! I am so gonna go there for the 4th of July next year, that all looked so fun! I cant wait for GEORGE!!! Im so excited that we are going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also going to comment on Dena's purse...It is so adorable and I am so happy she finally got a new one. Looks like you guys had a blast and I remembered how much I love your puppies while you were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok let's see if this works! What I was trying to mention... I really love the picture of you and the cardbored cut outs of the Jonas Brothers because it really tricked me at first because Linds sorta looks like a cardboard piece too! It makes me laugh really really hard! And I am so jealous at times that I am not part of your family because you guys do alot of fun things! I kept telling Lyss how I wish I would have bought tickets to Stadium of Fire this year because I guess I just am really learning how much I love the Jonas Boys! Ha ha! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete