Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's The Dust and the Mud...

I love Rodeos. I especially love rodeos when I know one of the cowboys in the rodeo! That makes it even more fun! And Jake didn't disappoint. But let me start at the beginning because the night was quite an adventure... Last week I went to the Tremonton rodeo with Haylee, Mekell, and Wendy to watch Jake steer wrestle. When we got in the car Haylee mentioned that she needed to get gas. Her gas light had come on the night before and so we needed to fill up before heading out to Tremonton, aka clear freakin out there. So we got in the car, headed to Layton to grab something, and got on the freeway without getting gas because we kept forgetting. We decided it wasn't a big deal and we could just pull off of an exit somewhere and fill up eventually. I told Hays that I could make it to work and back twice with my gas light on so we should be fine. We didn't think it was a big deal that the vehicle was telling us 0 miles until empty. Well we got pretty far but all the sudden we ran out of gas! What the...? We were shocked! We tried to coast off of the exit but it didn't really work so Haylee and I left Mekell and Wendy in the car and walked to the gas station. It was amazing how many people stopped to offer their help! Literally at least 15 people stopped. We told them all that it would be fine but thanks. We figured all we would have to do would be buy a gas can, put some gas in the Tahoe, drive it to the gas station and be on our way.. Not exactly.

The gas we bought wasn't enough.

More people offered their help but we are tough so Haylee, Mekell, and I got out and pushed until we could get the Tahoe going enough for it to start. So finally after I was a sweaty mess we got back on the freeway and headed out to the rodeo.

Jake took second place in the steer wrestling so he was way too fast for me to get a good picture.

Cowboys are always so cute from behind so I had to post this picture of Jake! Hope Haylee doesn't mind! Ha ha.

Here we are loving the rodeo!

Jake makes a pretty cute cowboy! I think he should maybe dress like this all the time. It was way fun going to the rodeo. Thanks for doing so good and making it so fun Jake. It wouldn't have been near as fun if you sucked at it. I'm glad that we went! We don't do near as much fun things together as we should! I can't wait for the next rodeo!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I love Rodeos too!! And the Tremonton one is always SO GOOD! I used to go to that one every year and didn't this year so I'm way jealous! That sucks you ran out of gas, but stories are always fun to tell. Too bad a cute cowboy didn't come rescue you(I'd hope you'd at least let one of them help if they offered).

    ReplyDelete