Friday, September 25, 2009

Labor Day!

I love that Labor Day is a week after school starts! I definitely need a break by then. I usually don't ever do anything fun but this year I went camping at Crystal Hot Springs. It was so much fun and very interesting!

We were pretty nervous that we wouldn't be able to set up the tent all by ourselves so Alyssa told Clark to be ready just in case we needed his help. But when we got up there... BreAnn and Hollie had it all done for us! We could not have been any happier! As the weekend went on we just got more and more adventurous and outdooorsy.
For example... the snake.

First it started off by Lynsie desperately wanting to catch this snake that she saw. She was too scared to ever grab it so we had some fellow campers that caught it for her. The boy had on a real life Davie Crockett hat and the mom, low pig tails. They were pretty much "mountain people" and Lynsie told them that. They didn't even take it as an insult at all. They let us get some pictures with it and then were going to take it home to add to their collection of other reptiles that they have as pets. These were the first of many interesting people that we met this weekend.

I was a little concerned that we would freeze to death because I didn't really know how to start a fire. Lynsie and Hollie figured it right out.


After they got the fire all the way going they decided to do some sort of fire dance in celebration.
On Sunday BreAnn had to wake up early and go home for church. The rest of us had a pretty lazy and random day.

We just sat and read our books or relaxed for as long as Lynsie would allow us.



When Lynsie could handle no more book time, we played a 2 hour game of ipod idol. I am pretty sure that all of our neighbors were really confused and probably wanted us to leave. People would just walk past us and stare. It was so funny!

Then Lynsie and Hollie needed to burn off some energy I guess and made up this game of turning in circles with their heads on wooden dowels and then try to make it down the mountain. It looked pretty interesting but I never joined in that game. I don't remember why. Probably because I thought it looked childish.

I guess that we were so over worked from our rough day that we needed to take a break for a snack. They were so delicious though! We just wrapped roll dough around a wooden dowel and made sure it was all sealed up and then cooked it. When it was done we poured honey butter into it. Oh my gosh... I'm getting hungry just remembering them!

Here is an up close picture of my perfectly cooked delicasy! Mmmm!




Alyssa really wanted to eat a flaming marshmallow! Ouch!

This was our last night camping and so we decided to burn stacks of wood and stay up all night and have a relaxing fire. Well we did for a while until... Lynsie and Lyss started doing this sort of samoan type chant. It was probably about 1 in the morning and the whole campground has been asleep for about 2 hours. And this chant required some yelling. All the sudden this couple came over and started talking to us and wanted us to do the chant for them. So of course we happily did. Then they tell us that we should come meet their friends. This is where we meet some more crazies.
These friends of theirs were pretty much hippies. They were all dancing and singing and so happy. But there were only a couple of them that liked us. They were so weird but a perfect way to end our camping trip.

Meet Embry. From Twilight. We are 99.9% sure that it is him. We went so far as to ask him to howl at the moon. He wouldn't.

This is Pete. He made up a song about us. They became our best friends and hung out with us at the pool the next day. The more I meet new people the more I realize that I am in a very small minority of normal people. Ha.

Some of the funnest times of the camping trip were at bed time. Telling scary stories. Ha ha. Hearing complaining about having to sleep on the end. And just bonding. This was such a fun camping trip! I love all you girls! It definitely needs to be a yearly tradition.

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That was quite the hilarious post! My eyes are wet with tears of happiness! Like I can't stop laughing! Mainly I forgot about the mountain people! And one thing that this blog could have done without was my swim dress and hoodie! Like I look like a complete fool... had I known you had taken pictures of me like that, I would have deleted those ASAP!!!! But we did have some great times and I couldn't have been happier with the trip! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you dont disappoint with your blog!! You girls are crazy! Do you ever worry when weird people come up to you, in the dark, and invite you to come and meet their friends. What if they are ax murders? I guess that would explain why I dont have these crazy fun adventures. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad at least some of you were scoutish. Without a tent or fire it wouldn't have been very fun camping. I'm a little afraid to tell you what I thought your delicious roll looked like and I'm so sad you met some of the cast of New Moon and I wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that I let Lynsie go with you, big sister...protector....great choice maker...always the safe one that takes no chances. hummmmmm Maybe I will let Lynsie be the one in charge next time! Scary!!! Glad you had a great time and they are memories that you will never forget! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camping, camping, camping....so much fun! I loved every second! Well, besides the whole hours of torture at night with the scary stories. But like I said, I am going to try and be really brave next year. I think I can do it! I miss Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun! I loved hearing all your stories from the trip. I think you forgot to post a picture though!

    ReplyDelete