Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Only 365 days to go...

I would dare say that the Weber State fireworks are my favorite day of the whole summer. I have went every summer since I was born I think. My dad used to go put out blankets the night before and then we would skip church, get KFC, and go spend the entire day at Weber State. I have tried doing that since but I just can't. I guess I am not as hard core as my parents used to be because it is way too hot to sit there all day. But I still go put out blankets early and then we go later in the evening.

This year Alyssa made dinner for us before we left. She made delicious chicken enchiladas! Mmm! She was quite the homemaker this night. Then it was off to the fireworks!



We took games to play while waiting for the fireworks to start but I didn't even last one round. The fireworks are literally the best people watching event ever! And the reason that they are so good is because there are so many people that I know that walk by. I always put our blankets right in the middle of the grassy area so that we can see as many people as possible. People watching is one of my favorite things to do. Annie, Braden, and I were pretty good at it.

Kiele and Cameron ended up finding us right before the fireworks started! Cam was so into the fireworks that he couldn't even look away to take a picture.

The day turned out to be just as good as I was hoping and I can't even wait for them again next year! Only 365 days to go...

2 comments:

  1. It was so fun to see you and your mom at Walmart the other day. I wish I was a little more sane at the time so we could have talked longer. I miss you guys bad! Guess what I like to play these random sweeptakes on the internet and I won 2 CD of the Glee soundtrack. I haven't even seen the show. Pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brit, you are so cute and fun. I wish I would;ve been invited. If I am still alive next year hit me up. I want to skip church, get KFC, and everything. It sounds like the real deal :)

    ReplyDelete