Tuesday, July 20, 2010

4th of July!

I love, love, love the 4th of July! It really is one of my favorite holidays! I think it is one of my favorite holidays because there are always fun things to do but the day never seems rushed or stressful like other holidays do. And this year wasn't an exception. We obviously celebrated the 4th on the 3rd this year but that was just fine with me! It just made the weekend last longer!

The day started off super early for Alyssa and Hollie. They really are crazy fools that decided it is fun or something to run marathons.

This is them after they got done running. They actually look happy. I don't get it. But I am really impressed with them and their dedication to get in shape and ready to run them. They really are so amazing! Good job guys! They also decided to go to the parade after. Apparently that was fun too. I wouldn't know because after going to many parades in my lifetime I have officially decided that they are not worth waking up for. They are lame. My children will not know what parades are. They will still have a great time on the 4th meeting all of their cousins and friends later in the afternoon for the festivities. So someday when I have children please do not ever use the word "parade" in front of them. Thanks.

After they were done parading and running we all met up at the RAC a.k.a. the Roy Aquatic Center.

Apparently the spot we picked wasn't good enough so here we are dragging our chairs over to Alyssa and Hollie. But we sure do look really happy about it.

Steph and I are trying to get a tan here and I am sure that Lyss and Hol are applying more sunscreen.


Steph, Lyns, and I just hanging out.

After the RAC we decided to have a BBQ. We all contributed something and it was so yummy!

My dad cooked our turkey steaks for us. Thanks Dad! This is another picture for their 50th Anniversary video!

Then we went to the fireworks at the West Point park and they were pretty great. We even got dropped off and picked up by my parents. It felt like we were 14 again. It was so so nice! We then came back and had brownies and ice cream for dessert! So it was a really good 4th of July and I loved every second of it! Thanks everyone that played with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment