Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Festival of Trees

I have always wanted to go down to the Festival of Trees but just never would go. Well I heard that there was a tree decorated in an I Love Lucy theme and so I knew that I HAD to go see it! I recruited my mom and Letia to go down there with me one day. Wow there were a ton of trees! I got a little overwhelmed. We skipped a few hundred rows and still ended up seeing about a billion. Some were really lame and some were really cool.

We each took a picture with our favorite tree.

My mom with her favorite. I wouldn't be surprised if we got another set of decorations next year and our tree looks just like this.


Letia's favorite tree. I just realized that she actually matches the tree. Maybe that is why she picked this one...?

And a big surprise... My personal favorite! I was really worried after seeing some of the other lame trees that the person that decorated this tree wouldn't do a very good job but they completely surpassed my expectations! I loved it more than I could even say! It was absolutely darling! So colorful and cute! I wish so bad that I could have bought it. But even if I could have afforded the thousands of dollars that it cost, it was already bought. And the thing that made it even cuter was that it was made in honor of a little girl named Lucy that is suffering from cancer or something. I can't remember exactly what it was that she had. I loved it!

Here are some more pictures of it so that you can really appreciate it.




I made us all get a picture in front of my Lucy tree. It was the whole reason that we came down after all. I loved looking at all of the trees and getting ideas for cute trees in the future. And I love the reason behind the Festival of Trees. On a sign I read it said that eventually we will all know someone who needs to be treated at Primary Children's. It is so true and I will definitely be back there next year to support it and look at all of the cute trees! Thanks mom and Letia for coming with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment