Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We Wish You a Merry Christmas!

Christmas this year was fun because it is the first one with Tyler home! Yay! It was so much better with the whole family together rather than being split up on two different continents. We did the normal stuff. Went to Grandpa Swayngim's on Christmas Eve, well I didn't because I had to work. Lame. But my family did. Then Christmas morning we woke up and went straight to my Grandma Moyes and Dean's house for breakfast and presents. I love the traditional breakfast at my Grandma's house. It is always the best way to start off Christmas day! I got some kid's chapter books for my future classroom. My grandma said she felt weird giving me Junie B. Jones books but I loved them! Then we went to my Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house for more presents!

They definitely spoil us! This is a picture of a portion of the presents they would be giving out this year. They gave all of the grandkids a down comforter for our beds. Shadie, Mylie, and I love our comforter so so much! I don't know how we ever slept before we got it! After the Smith house then it was time to drive home and see what Santa brought us! I love that we wait until the end of the day to open our presents! This was Tyler's first year of doing it this way and he said that he hated it... until we were driving home at 7:00 and still had all of our opening to do! Yay!


Shadie and Mylie get to open their stockings first so that they will have a treat to keep them occupied while we open our gifts. Santa always spoils them too!
Here are some random pictures of us opening presents...

Morgan with her guitar that she has wanted forever! She even shed a few tears when she realized that she got one!

Lynsie with her new dreadful snuggie that she had to put on the second that she opened it. And with her season 6 of One Tree Hill. Yay!

Ty with his new Jazz jersey.

Morgan with her new iTouch. She is on it all the time.

Me with my new Lucy Barbie. By the way this is my favorite episode.

Mom opening something. I don't exactly know what.

Dad with his favorite book by his favorite person in the whole world.

Lyns with her new laptop. Ty got one too but for some reason I can't find the picture.
We got a ton of other fun stuff too and we love it all! We are so blessed with everything that we have. When I think about how little other people get and have it makes me feel so grateful that we have what we do. It is very easy to take it for granted. I loved Christmas and I love my family! Only 365 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment