Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Big 23!

Last week I turned 23. Boo! I feel like I am getting very old, very fast. 23 sounds so old to me. I just knew that I would cry when the day came but the day came and went with no tears. I held it together very well. And thanks to my friends and family I had not just a wonderful day but a wonderful week! It started out with going to dinner at one of my very favorite restaurants...

The Mandarin. Mmm!

Dave, Steph, Layne, and Sharae came with my family to help celebrate the big day!

Here is just a sample of the delicious food that they have to offer...

When we went to my Grandma and Grandpa's house for Sunday dinner I had quite the assortment of gifts... I was given a yummy chocolate bundt cake that my mom made, a whole plate of my grandma's famous chocolate chip cookies, a whole entire huge pot of THE BEST carmel popcorn that my aunt Mary makes, and a strawberry shortcake.

Everyone knows exactly what I love! I couldn't have been happier!

One of my very best friends Kiele took me out to my other favorite restaurant, Tepanyaki. It was so delicious!

And last but not least, Alyssa, Hollie, BreAnn, and Lynsie took me to Olive Garden and then to Fire House for a fhzookie! I love those things. The service and the pizza is absolutely horrible but we keep going back for the dang things!

I had a great birthday week and it all made the thought of getting older a little less horrible. I am very grateful for all of my friends and family. They are all the best. Thanks for helping me celebrate everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Britney,
    We love you so much and as you can see so do SO many other people! I hope that you are lots older before you leave the house! Remember what a great gal you are! Hope you had a happy birthday, you deserve it because you always make everyone else's great as well. We love you!
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brit I couldnt agree with your mom anymore! I love you so much and i agree 23 does seem old! -Kell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously! How the H are we 23? It just can't be right...I swear I still feel like I am 18 or something! Glad you had a fun b-day though...love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poo! I didn't even know it was your birthday or else I would've given you big birthday wishes at work. I love all the yummy birthday presents you got. I have done Wii fit for 2 days and actually went up .7lbs. Will you ask your dad for some tips for me? 23 is not old silly:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks so good in the dessert picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you girly! You are seriously so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! I know, 23 sucked this year. I don't know why it was so much worse than 22. And the high school kids are starting to look like babies...did we really look like that? Hope you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Brit! I so know what ya mean, for some reason 23 sounds a lot older than 22! I cannot believe we have been graduated for 5 years! Man we are getting old. Love ya Brit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday girl! Yeah, it was pretty fun going out for your birthday. Ha ha! Your the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you are blog-stalker! Looks like you had a happy birthday! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Brit! 23 is nothing...wait until you're turning 25 :( now that is scary and makes you feel really old

    ReplyDelete