Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Dream Come True!

I pretty much had a life changing experience this weekend! After buying tickets in October of 2007 and having the concert postponed due to laryngitis, I was finally able to see Celine Dion live in concert! I have been waiting my whole life for this. Celine is one of the very first cd's that I remember getting when I was a little girl. I remember listening to her cd for hours with Stephanie. I was expecting a lot from this concert and she totally exceeded my expectations and I didn't know that was possible. One of my best friends Kallee and I bought our tickets together and we were lucky enough to be able to switch seats around to have Steph and Dave sit next to us. It was so great!

We started the night off at the always delicious California Pizza Kitchen at the Gateway. It was so yummy!


As you can probably see... we bought Celine t-shirts and I couldn't be more happy about them! And I don't know if you can tell, but on the back of the shirt is the list of the stops she made during her tour and the top country listed is South Africa! How cute! Also notice another cool feature of the shirt, on the front you can see the front of Celine and on the back you can only see her back. So cool!

Here we all are waiting for Celine to start!




Here are some of my favorite pictures of Celine that I took that night. She is so beautiful! And she has such energy! I wish that I could have that type of energy now at age 22 let alone when I'm late 30's early 40's! The outfit in the middle is my favorite one that she wore during the concert.



One other really great thing that happened that night was that we totally met and got our picture taken with a "big" Utah celebrity! Who knew that Big Buddha would be at Celine? He was so nice! It was a great end to the night!


So obviously I had a great night! I have been waiting so long to see her and now that it is over it feels like there is nothing to look forward to in life... Except oh wait, I have like a bazillion concerts coming up that I am going to. So there is a reason to go on!

2 comments:

  1. That is soo cool that you went! Celine was one of my first cd's too, lol. Congrats on you life changing event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a concert animal! I have only been to one concert in my whole life. Britney Spears 2001. Did I just really admit that? I was pregnant with Carter during it too:) So I know you hate this but I went private. I sent you an invite though so check your email. Will you send me Alyssa's email so I can invite her to?

    ReplyDelete