Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Favorite Holiday... I think

I LOVE the 4th of July. I am pretty sure that it is my favorite holiday ever. I love fireworks, I love concerts, I love being outside, and I love doing fun things with my family! All of those things equal the 4th of July. I have also loved that the 4th has been on or near the weekend the past couple of years so that there are extra days to celebrate.

Here are us girls on the way to Provo for the Stadium of Fire! Lynsie decided to ditch us and go to Vegas.

We stopped for lunch at my favorite restaurant ever basically. Smash Burger. Way better than In-n-Out. It is delicious. I wish that I could eat there everyday.

On the way to Provo we had to stop at Cabelas. I wasn't too happy about it. I even tried to get into all of the things that it has to offer and I was still bored within about 2 minutes. I hate that place. Here are Morgan and my dad at the shooting gallery. Pretty cute.

We are finally to the concert! Yay! I don't think that it is a secret that I LOVE concerts. I spend way too much money on them but I seriously can't help it. Brad Paisley puts on a very fun concert. He definitely didn't disappoint. I loved it!


I always feel so patriotic during the Stadium of Fire. I can't help but tear up every time that the flag is flown in and the jets fly over! It really is magical. Also before the Stadium of Fire starts they say a prayer. It is at BYU after all. I know that not everyone there is LDS but everyone is respectful during the prayer and it is very magical to watch however many thousand people take their hats off, bow their heads, and be silent during the prayer. I know I'm a dork.

David Archuleta was the opening performance. He really is so adorable and entertaining. It was so cute too because he performed at the Stadium of Fire when he was little and so they started out showing the recording of him as a little boy and morphed it into him singing in real life. I loved it!

My boyfriend Jimmer gave us a little hello message because he couldn't be there. I loved that so so much.




Here we all are enjoying the concert! We love the USA!

I basically loved this performance so much because I LOVE country music! I loved this song and how he paid tribute to the country singers. So cute. I am pretty sure that I was crying.

Mmmmm! I love this man so much. I get lost in his big brown eyes every time that I watch him sing. His songs are adorable. His voice is beautiful. He is perfect. I think that he may be the best performer that I have seen at Stadium of Fire.

People that can't take pictures piss me off. I guess that I should be grateful to strangers that take pictures for me but I just wish that they would center them. It's really annoying.

So one of the reasons that this was the best Stadium of Fire to date is because of the AWESOME dance party that was outside of the stadium after the fireworks were over. We met up with our friends that were also there and basically rocked the dance floor. We were all sweaty and disgusting but had a blast!

Tyler was the designated purse holder during the dance. It was pretty great so that we didn't have to worry about them.

Morgan and I in the truck waiting in traffic. Stadium of Fire is over but we are still in our after concert high. I love this picture FYI.

Here we are at the West Point fireworks. I am so sad that the 4th of July is over. I love it so much! I had a GREAT weekend. I loved every second of it. We went to the RAC during the day on the 4th again this year. Basically all of the pictures were disgusting so I opted not to post any. I am also sad that the 4th is over because the summer flies by after the holiday. I don't want it to end.

1 comment:

  1. I for some reason do not love the 4th as much as i used to, sad. But I'm confused on the stranger picture taking, You mean that yours and Dena's knees weren't more important to get then the top of your dad's head???

    ReplyDelete